about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- DPPL 105: The Spirit of Advent
- The Synod Fathers Speak 8: Charity
- DPPL 104: The Crib
- What Does It Mean To Be A Christian?
- The Synod Fathers Speak 7: The Domestic Church
- Music From Jordi Savall
- The Synod Fathers Speak 6: Generativity
- Theology of the Body Stands at the Door, Knocks
- DPPL 103: The Christmas Novena
- The Synod Fathers Speak 5: Path and Miracle
- 4,047,222 hits
Daily Archives: 20 October 2005
I’ll try to write a bit more about preaching tomorrow (do read Todd’s practical suggestions below), but today I’ll just contribute a more general meditation on spiritual authority. The following was said by Rowan Williams, the Archbishop of Canterbury, at … Continue reading
Homily Helps was popular enough, and maybe I have more to say about singers in churches. 1. Drink 16 glasses a water a day. Normal people need 8. Singers need at least double that, according to my wife’s voice consultant. … Continue reading