about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- DPPL 5: For Clergy and Religious Heads
- EG 262: A Renewed Missionary Impulse
- DPPL 4: Nature and Structure of the Document
- EG 259-261: Spirit-Filled Evangelizers
- Welcoming A New Pastor
- What About Beatitudes?
- EG 257-258: The Social Message is Inescapable
- Interviewing Vatican Astronomers
- DPPL 2-3: Councils, Popes, and Bishops on Liturgy and Popular Piety
- Simulating Rosetta
crystal on EG 262: A Renewed Missionary… Jim McCrea on Welcoming A New Pastor John Donaghy on What About Beatitudes? Devin on Interviewing Vatican Astronome… David D. on What About Beatitudes? Jen on Confirmation Fast Interviewing Vatican… on Good Guy Awarded Liam on DPPL 2-3: Councils, Popes, and… Liam on Confirmation Fast Ben Dunlap on Getting Personal
- 3,666,187 hits
Daily Archives: 7 February 2007
5. The Importance of Schools Among all educational instruments the school has a special importance.(Cf. Pius XI’s encyclical letter, Divini Illius Magistri, 1, p. 76; Pius XII’s allocution to Bavarian Association of Catholic Teachers, Dec. 31, 1956: Discourses and Radio … Continue reading
In two weeks, Bishop Finn will release his first pastoral letter. It will be the first from a Kansas City (Missouri) bishop in twenty-two years. Here is the text of his introductory letter released today to pastors and parish administrators: Pornography is … Continue reading
4. Various Aids to Christian Education In fulfilling its educational role, the Church, eager to employ all suitable aids, is concerned especially about those which are her very own. Foremost among these is catechetical instruction,(Cf. Pius XI’s motu proprio. Orbem … Continue reading