Unity is a value for the local church, therefore the Consilium believes it necessary to offer a few reminders for particular groups:
27. So that the unity of the parish community may stand out in the eucharist on Sundays and holydays, Masses for such particular groups as parish societies should, if possible, preferably be held on weekdays. If they cannot be transferred to weekdays, care should be taken to maintain the unity of the parish community by incorporating these particular groups into the parish celebrations.
about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- The Synod Fathers Speak 4: “Light of a Wedding Story”
- Free Speech Is The Earthquake
- Aparecida 87 – Ice Fields
- DPPL 101: The Blessed Virgin Mary and Advent
- The Synod Fathers Speak 3: Burdens and Difficulties
- DPPL 100: The Winter Interstice
- The Synod Fathers Speak 2: Christ Enters
- DPPL 99: Advent Processions
- 4,033,183 hits