about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- The Armchair Liturgist: Handing Off The Gifts
- DPPL 105: The Spirit of Advent
- The Synod Fathers Speak 8: Charity
- DPPL 104: The Crib
- What Does It Mean To Be A Christian?
- The Synod Fathers Speak 7: The Domestic Church
- Music From Jordi Savall
- The Synod Fathers Speak 6: Generativity
- Theology of the Body Stands at the Door, Knocks
- DPPL 103: The Christmas Novena
- 4,048,099 hits
Daily Archives: 21 June 2008
Since my return to the realm of television in 1993 (I hadn’t owned one and watched little since the mid-70’s), I’ve been an admirer of David Attenborough‘s documentaries. I first saw The Private Life of Plants around the time I got married and … Continue reading
This reading was added to the last Lectionary revision. If you have an old marriage prep booklet, it’s likely not included. This reading, by the way, is mentioned by a correspondent to Zenit’s Liturgy Q&A column this past week. I … Continue reading