about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- The Armchair Liturgist: Handing Off The Gifts
- DPPL 105: The Spirit of Advent
- The Synod Fathers Speak 8: Charity
- DPPL 104: The Crib
- What Does It Mean To Be A Christian?
- The Synod Fathers Speak 7: The Domestic Church
- Music From Jordi Savall
- The Synod Fathers Speak 6: Generativity
- Theology of the Body Stands at the Door, Knocks
- DPPL 103: The Christmas Novena
- 4,048,085 hits
Daily Archives: 31 December 2008
Still up in the air from Rome, but leaning toward an entirely negative judgment, so they say. A New Hampshire couple wonders why. So do I. Timothy and Dawn Smith wonder if adoptive couples have been consulted. Given the milquetoast example … Continue reading
This issue didn’t get as much notice as it deserved. One paragraph in the proposition, two sentences: The importance of the Word of God in the sacraments of healing (Penance and Anointing) must be underlined. The Church must be the community that, … Continue reading