about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- What About Beatitudes?
- EG 257-258: The Social Message is Inescapable
- Interviewing Vatican Astronomers
- DPPL 2-3: Councils, Popes, and Bishops on Liturgy and Popular Piety
- Simulating Rosetta
- Reconciliation Lectionary: Isaiah 55, From The Heavens
- Aparecida 60 – Economics and Globalization
- Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi
- EG 256: Challenges To Religion
Devin on Interviewing Vatican Astronome… David D. on What About Beatitudes? Jen on Confirmation Fast Interviewing Vatican… on Good Guy Awarded Liam on DPPL 2-3: Councils, Popes, and… Liam on Confirmation Fast Ben Dunlap on Getting Personal Atheist Max on EG 252-253: Islam Atheist Max on Perfectae Caritatis 1 Atheist Max on Nostra Aetate
- 3,655,860 hits
Daily Archives: 3 February 2009
276. Anyone, catechumen or not, who is in danger of death may be baptized with the short rite that follows, as long as such a person is not at the point of death and is able to hear and answer … Continue reading
My new parish doesn’t have to consider this possibility; we don’t have kids or adults, really, serving consistently as servers or acolytes. But the question came to Zenit’s liturgy guru as such: I know of a priest who has the … Continue reading
When I posted the photo with the piece on women religious I knew I had found the garb I’ve been used to seeing women religious wear since at least the mid-80′s. Cotton. Sensible cotton: a denim jumper and a skirt … Continue reading