about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- DPPL 105: The Spirit of Advent
- The Synod Fathers Speak 8: Charity
- DPPL 104: The Crib
- What Does It Mean To Be A Christian?
- The Synod Fathers Speak 7: The Domestic Church
- Music From Jordi Savall
- The Synod Fathers Speak 6: Generativity
- Theology of the Body Stands at the Door, Knocks
- DPPL 103: The Christmas Novena
- The Synod Fathers Speak 5: Path and Miracle
- 4,046,354 hits
Daily Archives: 8 April 2009
The moon is up, nice and bright this week. We also have a visitor from the outer reaches of the solar system, Comet Yi-SWAN, currently hanging out in the constellation Cassiopeia, the Queen. You’ll need a good pair of binoculars … Continue reading
In my twenty-one years of full-time parish ministry (plus the ten or so before that) only once have I been out of commission for Holy Week. I injured my back moving a church piano in 1993 and was ordered to … Continue reading