This is another key section for pastors, catechumenate directors, and catechists to measure their ministry:
78. The instruction that the catechumens receive during this period should be of a kind that while presenting Catholic teaching in its entirety also
- enlightens faith,
- directs the heart toward God,
- fosters participation in the liturgy,
- inspires apostolic activity,
- and nurtures a life completely in accord with the spirit of Christ.
The delineation here is mine, but the text of RCIA 78 is intact. There are several things of which to take note. Catechesis isn’t faith itself, but it enlightens and is meant to build on the foundation of faith. Heart seems as important as mind in the spiritual life cultivated in catechumens. A liturgist naturally smiles and nods in approval of yet another encouraging note on liturgical participation–do they never end? The catechumens should be prepared and formed to put their faith and Christ’s teachings into action–in their whole lives.