As a campus minister, I’m pleased to see one of my tribe move to the next square in the four-step movement to official sainthood. The Boston Globe link mentions the deacon who “prayed” to Cardinal Newman. I hope that could have been worded better by the journalist. I’m sure the deacon healed of his back ailment (I can relate) was asking for intercession.
about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- EG 257-258: The Social Message is Inescapable
- Interviewing Vatican Astronomers
- DPPL 2-3: Councils, Popes, and Bishops on Liturgy and Popular Piety
- Simulating Rosetta
- Reconciliation Lectionary: Isaiah 55, From The Heavens
- Aparecida 60 – Economics and Globalization
- Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi
- EG 256: Challenges To Religion
- DPPL 1b: Contradictory Attitudes
- 3,654,714 hits