about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- The Synod Fathers Speak 3: Burdens and Difficulties
- DPPL 100: The Winter Interstice
- The Synod Fathers Speak 2: Christ Enters
- DPPL 99: Advent Processions
- Aparecida 85-86 — The Amazon
- A Match In Three Acts
- The Synod Fathers Speak 1
- DPPL 98: The Advent Wreath
- Mercy and What? Envy?
- DPPL 96-97: In Advent
crystal on The Synod Fathers Speak 3: Bur… Liam on DPPL 100: The Winter Inte… nora on The Synod Fathers Speak 2: Chr… Liam on Funeral Lectionary: Lamentatio… Jim McCrea on Mercy and What? Envy? Jim McCrea on The Synod Fathers Speak 1 Anne on Funeral Lectionary: Lamentatio… Jenny2 on The Synod Fathers Speak 1 Liam on DPPL 98: The Advent Wreat… John McGrath on The Synod Fathers Speak 1
- 4,028,341 hits
Daily Archives: 13 November 2009
214. The baptismal washing is followed by rites that give expression to the effects of the sacrament just received. The anointing with chrism is a sign of the royal priesthood of the baptized and that they are now numbered in … Continue reading
A last-ditch effort to scuttle the translation is being amassed. Bishop Trautman, sadly, is several years late, I think. It has the whiff of posturing. The curia have recovered translation duties from the bishops. And that, as they say, it … Continue reading
Did you catch yesterday’s first reading at Mass? One of the most poetic offerings in the Lectionary, this litany to Wisdom: In Wisdom is a spirit intelligent, holy, unique, manifold, subtle, agile, clear, unstained, certain, not baneful, loving the good, … Continue reading