about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- The Armchair Liturgist: Handing Off The Gifts
- DPPL 105: The Spirit of Advent
- The Synod Fathers Speak 8: Charity
- DPPL 104: The Crib
- What Does It Mean To Be A Christian?
- The Synod Fathers Speak 7: The Domestic Church
- Music From Jordi Savall
- The Synod Fathers Speak 6: Generativity
- Theology of the Body Stands at the Door, Knocks
- DPPL 103: The Christmas Novena
- 4,048,099 hits
Daily Archives: 5 December 2009
The recommendation from Fr Michael Ryan in America’s December 14th issue. A sensible commentary from an experienced pastor gets labelled “loony” in one quarter. Go read the whole piece, but here’s a bit from his conclusion: In short, what if … Continue reading
Let’s look at the rubric first, noting that this renewal only takes place at the Easter Vigil. When baptism, confirmation, and First Eucharist are celebrated at another time, this renewal is not used: 237. After the celebration of baptism, the … Continue reading