about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- The Synod Fathers Speak 8: Charity
- DPPL 104: The Crib
- What Does It Mean To Be A Christian?
- The Synod Fathers Speak 7: The Domestic Church
- Music From Jordi Savall
- The Synod Fathers Speak 6: Generativity
- Theology of the Body Stands at the Door, Knocks
- DPPL 103: The Christmas Novena
- The Synod Fathers Speak 5: Path and Miracle
- DPPL 102: Immaculate Conception
- 4,046,257 hits
Daily Archives: 13 June 2010
Neil and I received an offer to converse with Fr Frank Pavone, best known for his leadership in Priests for Life. I sent the following two-part query: Many pro-lifers are critical of the political methods of the active arm of … Continue reading
We’ve already read that the focus of the funeral rites is on Christ, and the celebration of the Paschal Mystery. We touch upon how this salvific reality transforms human mortality through the Scriptures, prayers, rituals, and music of these rites. … Continue reading