about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- DPPL 105: The Spirit of Advent
- The Synod Fathers Speak 8: Charity
- DPPL 104: The Crib
- What Does It Mean To Be A Christian?
- The Synod Fathers Speak 7: The Domestic Church
- Music From Jordi Savall
- The Synod Fathers Speak 6: Generativity
- Theology of the Body Stands at the Door, Knocks
- DPPL 103: The Christmas Novena
- The Synod Fathers Speak 5: Path and Miracle
- 4,046,354 hits
Daily Archives: 31 October 2010
Good word from the pastor this weekend at Mass, who, when announcing tomorrow’s liturgy, said that while it is not a holy day of obligation in our diocese, it remains a holy day of opportunity. At 10:00 tonight at the church … Continue reading
Once everyone is seated after the opening prayer, the funeral Mass continues pretty much like any other Sunday Mass. Hopefully with good music and the leadership of a choir, if possible. “Depending on pastoral circumstances,” you can proclaim either one … Continue reading