about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- Welcoming A New Pastor
- What About Beatitudes?
- EG 257-258: The Social Message is Inescapable
- Interviewing Vatican Astronomers
- DPPL 2-3: Councils, Popes, and Bishops on Liturgy and Popular Piety
- Simulating Rosetta
- Reconciliation Lectionary: Isaiah 55, From The Heavens
- Aparecida 60 – Economics and Globalization
- Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi
- 3,657,461 hits
Daily Archives: 9 December 2010
The War on Christmas has found its way to my own town. Even to the institution that will assist in the education of the young miss next year. No matter that they called it a winter tree. But as I … Continue reading
241. Those involved in planning the funeral rites for a deceased child should take into account the age of the child, the circumstances of the death, the grief of the family, and the needs and customs of those taking part … Continue reading
Another point of good news for Catholic theocons to knash their teeth upon: the tide has turned. It seems the CICLSAL is in full retreat from investigation mode and, thanks in part to a guy who seems to be a … Continue reading
My friend Jeffrey Tucker is scratching his head again. ICEL of 1988 criticizing the work of ICEL in 1970: this does not compute. Do liturgical conservatives think that ICEL was some sort of liturgical star chamber inserting Wiccan texts written … Continue reading