about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- The Synod Fathers Speak 3: Burdens and Difficulties
- DPPL 100: The Winter Interstice
- The Synod Fathers Speak 2: Christ Enters
- DPPL 99: Advent Processions
- Aparecida 85-86 — The Amazon
- A Match In Three Acts
- The Synod Fathers Speak 1
- DPPL 98: The Advent Wreath
- Mercy and What? Envy?
- DPPL 96-97: In Advent
crystal on The Synod Fathers Speak 3: Bur… Liam on DPPL 100: The Winter Inte… nora on The Synod Fathers Speak 2: Chr… Liam on Funeral Lectionary: Lamentatio… Jim McCrea on Mercy and What? Envy? Jim McCrea on The Synod Fathers Speak 1 Anne on Funeral Lectionary: Lamentatio… Jenny2 on The Synod Fathers Speak 1 Liam on DPPL 98: The Advent Wreat… John McGrath on The Synod Fathers Speak 1
- 4,025,565 hits
Daily Archives: 22 January 2011
Catholic activists play a part in ruining the American death row parade. The Rome-based Community of Sant’Egidio had been engaged in discussions with Hospira’s Italian subsidiary, Hospira SL, which led to meetings with the Foreign Affairs minister, Franco Frattini, and … Continue reading
411. The Christian faithful are unequivocally confronted by the mystery of life and death when they are faced with the presence of the body of one who had died. Moreover, the body which lies in death naturally recalls the personal … Continue reading
Jimmy Mac alerted me to the posting of Jeff Ostrowski’s Gloria on the America blog. It’s a misconception that you have to produce a piece of music exactly the way it’s been recorded. I always look at the melody of … Continue reading
(This is Neil) Day 5 Breaking the Bread in Hope Readings Exodus 16:13b-21a It is bread the Lord has given you to eat Psalm 116:12-14, 16-18 I will offer to you a thanksgiving sacrifice 1 Corinthians 11:17-18, 23-26 Do this … Continue reading