about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- What Does It Mean To Be A Christian?
- The Synod Fathers Speak 7: The Domestic Church
- Music From Jordi Savall
- The Synod Fathers Speak 6: Generativity
- Theology of the Body Stands at the Door, Knocks
- DPPL 103: The Christmas Novena
- The Synod Fathers Speak 5: Path and Miracle
- DPPL 102: Immaculate Conception
- The Synod Fathers Speak 4: “Light of a Wedding Story”
- 4,043,229 hits
Daily Archives: 8 May 2011
Ninety miles east of Toowoomba, the archbishop of Brisbane, John Bathersby, is concerned about rising temperatures within the Church on dismissed Bishop Bill Morris. What’s a mystery is why people are surprised. The curia’s tilting of the hierarchy to a … Continue reading
When I read Pope Benedict in excerpts like this one, I honestly wonder why this doesn’t get preached to the curia: Nevertheless, today this belonging to Christ runs the risk of being emptied of its truth and its deepest elements: … Continue reading