about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- What About Beatitudes?
- EG 257-258: The Social Message is Inescapable
- Interviewing Vatican Astronomers
- DPPL 2-3: Councils, Popes, and Bishops on Liturgy and Popular Piety
- Simulating Rosetta
- Reconciliation Lectionary: Isaiah 55, From The Heavens
- Aparecida 60 – Economics and Globalization
- Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi
- EG 256: Challenges To Religion
- 3,655,132 hits
Daily Archives: 3 June 2011
CNS features the new head of the Congregation for Institutes of Consecrated Life and Societies of Apostolic Life in a feature today. Archbishop Joao Braz de Aviz on reconciliation with women religious: (W)e bishops and superiors of the church need … Continue reading
Diane Houdek blogs today on Charles Lwanga, noting his feast day (today!) plus his connection to the defense of innocent children. I like the idea of him being adopted as a patron of the innocent. And it got me thinking … Continue reading
36. The process of inculturation should maintain the substantial unity of the Roman rite. (SC 37-40) This unity is currently expressed in the typical editions of liturgical books, published by authority of the supreme pontiff and in the liturgical books … Continue reading