about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- Dies Domini 29: The Day of Faith
- Jubilation and Pink Slips
- EG 146: Reverence for Truth
- Dies Domini 28: The Gift of the Spirit
- Which Worship Aids?
- Private Masses–Bleah!
- EG 145: Preparing To Preach
- Dies Domini 27: The Day of Christ-Light
- One of Our Own
- The Best Pastoral Easter Liturgy (That Might Get People To Return Next Sunday)
John Chrysostom on Wedding Lectionary: Sirach 26:… Janet on Wedding Lectionary: Sirach 26:… Todd on Socks Off FrMichael on Private Masses–Bleah! Devin on Socks Off Devin on The Best Pastoral Easter Litur… Liam on Private Masses–Bleah! Todd on Private Masses–Bleah! Liam on Private Masses–Bleah! Liam on Private Masses–Bleah!
- 3,258,492 hits
Daily Archives: 3 June 2011
CNS features the new head of the Congregation for Institutes of Consecrated Life and Societies of Apostolic Life in a feature today. Archbishop Joao Braz de Aviz on reconciliation with women religious: (W)e bishops and superiors of the church need … Continue reading
Diane Houdek blogs today on Charles Lwanga, noting his feast day (today!) plus his connection to the defense of innocent children. I like the idea of him being adopted as a patron of the innocent. And it got me thinking … Continue reading
36. The process of inculturation should maintain the substantial unity of the Roman rite. (SC 37-40) This unity is currently expressed in the typical editions of liturgical books, published by authority of the supreme pontiff and in the liturgical books … Continue reading