about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- Funeral Lectionary: Psalm 148
- A Better Dismissal?
- DPPL 11: The Primacy of the Liturgy
- Pope Francis on Creativity IV: Dialogue
- Four Abuses of Peace, Plus Perhaps Another
- EG 267: For the Greater Glory
- Football Foam
- Reconciliation Lectionary: Matthew 18:15-20
- The Francis Effect Afield
- DPPL 9-10: Piety and Religiosity
Brendan Kelleher on A Better Dismissal? Liam on Funeral Lectionary: Psalm… Funeral Lectionary:… on Wedding Lectionary: Psalm 148:… Jim McCrea on Four Abuses of Peace, Plus Per… John McGrath on EG 267: For the Greater G… Jim McCrea on On The Run Again Jim McCrea on Bloom Where Planted Jim McCrea on The Francis Effect Afield Jen on Bloom Where Planted Todd on Sixteen Days
- 3,688,620 hits
Daily Archives: 3 June 2011
CNS features the new head of the Congregation for Institutes of Consecrated Life and Societies of Apostolic Life in a feature today. Archbishop Joao Braz de Aviz on reconciliation with women religious: (W)e bishops and superiors of the church need … Continue reading
Diane Houdek blogs today on Charles Lwanga, noting his feast day (today!) plus his connection to the defense of innocent children. I like the idea of him being adopted as a patron of the innocent. And it got me thinking … Continue reading
36. The process of inculturation should maintain the substantial unity of the Roman rite. (SC 37-40) This unity is currently expressed in the typical editions of liturgical books, published by authority of the supreme pontiff and in the liturgical books … Continue reading