Anybody seen and planning on using the Announcement of Easter and the Moveable Feasts? If you were the liturgist, would you implement it? Or is it too high-churchy for your faith community? How frequently do you suppose monasteries and other similar communities utilize this? Imagine the confluence of traditional and modern: Epiphany worshipers shushing their neighbors to get these important dates into their cells and pdf’s.
about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- The Synod Fathers Speak 4: “Light of a Wedding Story”
- Free Speech Is The Earthquake
- Aparecida 87 – Ice Fields
- DPPL 101: The Blessed Virgin Mary and Advent
- The Synod Fathers Speak 3: Burdens and Difficulties
- DPPL 100: The Winter Interstice
- The Synod Fathers Speak 2: Christ Enters
- DPPL 99: Advent Processions
- 4,032,829 hits