45. Apart from that which is set forth in the Ordo lectionum Missae, the following norms are to be observed in the preparation of a Lectionary of biblical readings in a vernacular language:
- a) Passages of Sacred Scripture contained in the Praenotanda of the Ordo lectionum Missae are to conform completely to the translation of the same passages as they occur within the Lectionary.
- b) Likewise the titles, expressing the theme of the readings and placed at the head of them, are to retain the wording of the readings themselves, wherever such a correspondence exists in the Ordo lectionum Missae.
- c) Finally, the words prescribed by the Ordo lectionum Missae for the beginning of the reading, called the incipits, are to follow as closely as possible the wording of the vernacular biblical version from which the readings are generally taken, refraining from following other translations. As regards those parts of the incipits that are not part of the biblical text itself, these are to be translated exactly from the Latin when preparing Lectionaries, unless the Conference of Bishops shall have sought and obtained the prior consent of the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments authorizing a different procedure for introducing the readings.
about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- DPPL 37-38: Reform Shatters On The Rocks of Catechesis
- Another Tournament
- CDWDS Head Heads Back To Spain
- Aparecida 69 – Financial Institutions
- Reconciliation Lectionary: Mark 10:32-45
- Reform2 Dialogues OCP
- Is Survival The Plan?
- DPPL 36: Evangelization Distant From Rome
- Pulling Saints Down To The Level Of Scandal
- Defining A Martyr
redactor007 on OCM Introduction 13-18: Liturg… redactor007 on OCM Introduction 7-8: Alleluia… redactor007 on OCM Introduction 4-6: Readings… redactor007 on OCM Introduction 3: Glori… redactor007 on OCM Introduction 3: Glori… redactor007 on OCM Introduction 2: Kyrie redactor007 on OCM Introduction 1: Singing at… emmasrandomthoughts on CDWDS Head Heads Back To … xtreme no nitric Oxi… on Reconciliation Lectionary: Mar… Gerry on CDWDS Head Heads Back To …
- 3,808,645 hits