68. At the beginning of the vernacular editions are to be placed the decrees by which the editiones typicae have been promulgated by the competent Dicastery of the Apostolic See, with due regard for the prescriptions found in n. 78. Also to be placed there are the decrees by means of which the recognitio of the Holy See has been granted for the translations, or at least the mention of the recognitio is to be made together with the date, month, year, and protocol number of the decree issued by the Dicastery. Since these are also historical documents, the names of the Dicasteries or other organ of the Apostolic See are to be translated exactly as they appeared on the date of promulgation of the document, rather than being altered to reflect the present name of the same or equivalent body.
69. The editions of the liturgical books prepared in the vernacular language are to correspond in every part to the titles, the ordering of texts, the rubrics, and the system of numbering that appears in the editio typica, unless otherwise directed in the praenotanda of the same books. Furthermore, any additions approved by the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments are to be inserted either in a supplement or appendix, or in their proper place in the book, as the Apostolic See shall have directed.
about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- DPPL 62-63: Life, Death, and Christ
- Aparecida 78 – Violence
- Reconciliation Lectionary: Genesis 4:1-15
- Remarriage Worse Than Murder
- DPPL 61: Values in Popular Piety
- Aparecida 77 – More On Corruption
- From Supreme to Honorary
- Praying From A Psalter
- DPPL 60: Liturgy and Popular Piety in the Church’s Magisterium
- Aiming For Discipline, Not Doctrine
muserebende Hytham S… on Remarriage Worse Than Mur… emmasrandomthoughts on Another Fired Employee John McGrath on Reconciliation Lectionary: Gen… Todd on Remarriage Worse Than Mur… John Drake on Remarriage Worse Than Mur… Liam on From Supreme to Honorary Liam on From Supreme to Honorary Liam on From Supreme to Honorary Karl on Aiming For Discipline, Not… John McGrath on From Supreme to Honorary
- 3,895,032 hits