19. Even though it is on occasion not possible to have the presence and active participation of the faithful, which manifest more clearly the ecclesial nature of the celebration,[Sacrosanctum Concilium 41] the celebration of the Eucharist is always endowed with its own efficacy and dignity, since it is the act of Christ and of the Church, in which the Priest fulfills his own principal function and always acts for the sake of the people’s salvation.
Hence the Priest is recommended to celebrate the Eucharistic Sacrifice, in so far as he can, even daily.[Presbyterorum Ordinis 13; Code of Canon Law, can. 904]
about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- EG 106: Two Areas Of Progress In Youth Ministry
- Cynic Alert: Phantom Wealth
- Mercy, Wide and Late
- Letter To Artists 7a: The Origins of Christian Art
- Cosmos, The Next Generation
- EG 105: Youth Ministry
- The Vice Principal Strikes Back
- Letter To Artists 6d-e: The Beauty of Christ
- On My Bookshelf: Old Man’s War
- EG 104: Women, Ordination, Power
kathleen morrison on Funeral Lectionary: Wisdom… Melody on Mercy, Wide and Late Naked, And You Cloth… on On My Bookshelf: Naked, And Yo… Todd on Mercy, Wide and Late Chase M. Becker on Mercy, Wide and Late John Drake on EG 104: Women, Ordination,… FrMichael on EG 103: On Women’s … Liam on The Long Retreat Begins emmasrandomthoughts on I Don’t Want A Francis… Ray MacDonald on I Don’t Want A Francis…
- 3,074,987 hits