19. Even though it is on occasion not possible to have the presence and active participation of the faithful, which manifest more clearly the ecclesial nature of the celebration,[Sacrosanctum Concilium 41] the celebration of the Eucharist is always endowed with its own efficacy and dignity, since it is the act of Christ and of the Church, in which the Priest fulfills his own principal function and always acts for the sake of the people’s salvation.
Hence the Priest is recommended to celebrate the Eucharistic Sacrifice, in so far as he can, even daily.[Presbyterorum Ordinis 13; Code of Canon Law, can. 904]
about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- EG 288: With Mary, Mother of the Living Gospel
- DPPL 26: Liturgical Families
- EG 287: Mary, Star of the New Evangelization
- Outclassed Clarets
- Aparecida 67 – Free Trade Agreements and More
- Timid and Turpid
- EG 286: Mary the Missionary, the Mother
- Difficult Prayers
- Reconciliation Lectionary: Wisdom 11:22-12:2
- DPPL 25: Sacred Time and Sacred Space
Atheist Max on EG 287: Mary, Star of the New… Atheist Max on Difficult Prayers Liam on DPPL 26: Liturgical Famil… Jim McCrea on EG 287: Mary, Star of the New… Todd on EG 287: Mary, Star of the New… crystal on EG 287: Mary, Star of the New… Todd on Outclassed Clarets David D. on Outclassed Clarets Liam on Aparecida 67 – Free Trad… Devin on Difficult Prayers
- 3,769,633 hits