19. Even though it is on occasion not possible to have the presence and active participation of the faithful, which manifest more clearly the ecclesial nature of the celebration,[Sacrosanctum Concilium 41] the celebration of the Eucharist is always endowed with its own efficacy and dignity, since it is the act of Christ and of the Church, in which the Priest fulfills his own principal function and always acts for the sake of the people’s salvation.
Hence the Priest is recommended to celebrate the Eucharistic Sacrifice, in so far as he can, even daily.[Presbyterorum Ordinis 13; Code of Canon Law, can. 904]
about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- DPPL 62-63: Life, Death, and Christ
- Aparecida 78 – Violence
- Reconciliation Lectionary: Genesis 4:1-15
- Remarriage Worse Than Murder
- DPPL 61: Values in Popular Piety
- Aparecida 77 – More On Corruption
- From Supreme to Honorary
- Praying From A Psalter
- DPPL 60: Liturgy and Popular Piety in the Church’s Magisterium
- Aiming For Discipline, Not Doctrine
michael kors backpac… on Another Fired Employee muserebende Hytham S… on Remarriage Worse Than Mur… emmasrandomthoughts on Another Fired Employee John McGrath on Reconciliation Lectionary: Gen… Todd on Remarriage Worse Than Mur… John Drake on Remarriage Worse Than Mur… Liam on From Supreme to Honorary Liam on From Supreme to Honorary Liam on From Supreme to Honorary Karl on Aiming For Discipline, Not…
- 3,897,004 hits