about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- Welcoming A New Pastor
- What About Beatitudes?
- EG 257-258: The Social Message is Inescapable
- Interviewing Vatican Astronomers
- DPPL 2-3: Councils, Popes, and Bishops on Liturgy and Popular Piety
- Simulating Rosetta
- Reconciliation Lectionary: Isaiah 55, From The Heavens
- Aparecida 60 – Economics and Globalization
- Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi
- 3,657,461 hits
Daily Archives: 16 February 2012
This passage from John is excerpted from the middle of a longer discourse (5:19-47) of Jesus. We don’t need to do an in-depth Bible study on twenty-nine verses to get to the gist of these six. It can be sufficient to … Continue reading
290. All churches should be dedicated or at least blessed. Cathedrals and parish churches, however, are to be dedicated with a solemn rite. Perhaps we should look at the dedication rites when we’re done with the GIRM. Part of the … Continue reading
Today’s section is titled, “The original pedagogy of faith” and is footnoted: (Cf. 1977 Synod of Bishops, Message to the People of God 11; Catechesi Tradendae 58) 144. Catechesis, which is therefore active pedagogy in the faith, in accomplishing its … Continue reading