His lasting legacy may be with the young in his years working at Catholic high schools in Waterloo and Cedar Rapids, at Loras College and Iowa State.
“He was able to get them to open up and talk about those things they were going through as young adults,” said Misty Prater, an ISU campus minister who served under Hemann. “I learned to be a person who listens, to be truly present with people in their lives, in their joys and struggles.”
about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- The Synod Fathers Speak 4: “Light of a Wedding Story”
- Free Speech Is The Earthquake
- Aparecida 87 – Ice Fields
- DPPL 101: The Blessed Virgin Mary and Advent
- The Synod Fathers Speak 3: Burdens and Difficulties
- DPPL 100: The Winter Interstice
- The Synod Fathers Speak 2: Christ Enters
- DPPL 99: Advent Processions
- 4,032,829 hits