As I was reading over the conditions of Bishop Robert Finn’s probation, I was wondering what would happen if the Church handled divorced and remarried Catholics in a similar way. Two years of good behavior, then a return to the sacramental life of the Church. I hear and read a lot from the Catholic Right making distinctions between justice and mercy. Bishop Finn experienced mercy. Maybe that’s an experience worth sharing.
about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about NeilNeil has been a blogging collaborator for the past several years on Catholic Sensibility. He brings his unique experiences from theology, spirituality, and the ecumenical sphere. Pay special attention to each one of his posts.
Vatican II pages
- Ecclesia de Eucharistia 16
- Pacem In Terris 146: Pastoral Exhortations
- Belated Father’s Day
- On My Bookshelf: Weird Life
- Glory & Praise: The Next Generation
- Ecclesia de Eucharistia 15
- Pacem In Terris 142-145: Modern Developments
- Some Wedding Music
- On My Bookshelf: The Hydrogen Sonata
- Ecclesia de Eucharistia 14
- 2,322,150 hits