about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- The Armchair Liturgist: Handing Off The Gifts
- DPPL 105: The Spirit of Advent
- The Synod Fathers Speak 8: Charity
- DPPL 104: The Crib
- What Does It Mean To Be A Christian?
- The Synod Fathers Speak 7: The Domestic Church
- Music From Jordi Savall
- The Synod Fathers Speak 6: Generativity
- Theology of the Body Stands at the Door, Knocks
- DPPL 103: The Christmas Novena
- 4,048,005 hits
Daily Archives: 12 September 2012
The last few sections have treated evangelization in something of an abstract or theological way. Pope Paul VI suggests it’s essential to begin and end with the person, and their relationships: 20. All this could he expressed in the following … Continue reading
The US Bishops offer their guidance on the size of the altar: § 58 § Although there is no specified size or shape for an altar, it should be in proportion to the church. The shape and size should reflect … Continue reading