Our townie neighbors to the north have their Advent wreath set up in their narthex. The icon of Christ in the center–that’s usually where they display an icon or image of a saint on the feast day. I like this set-up. I think it tempts young Christians to enter that circle, but hey–seasonal festive adventurism is good.
about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about NeilNeil has been a blogging collaborator for the past several years on Catholic Sensibility. He brings his unique experiences from theology, spirituality, and the ecumenical sphere. Pay special attention to each one of his posts.
Vatican II pages
- On My Bookshelf: Four Signs of a Dynamic Catholic
- Ecclesia de Eucharistia 16
- Pacem In Terris 146: Pastoral Exhortations
- Belated Father’s Day
- On My Bookshelf: Weird Life
- Glory & Praise: The Next Generation
- Ecclesia de Eucharistia 15
- Pacem In Terris 142-145: Modern Developments
- Some Wedding Music
- On My Bookshelf: The Hydrogen Sonata
- 2,322,810 hits