about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- The Synod Fathers Speak 8: Charity
- DPPL 104: The Crib
- What Does It Mean To Be A Christian?
- The Synod Fathers Speak 7: The Domestic Church
- Music From Jordi Savall
- The Synod Fathers Speak 6: Generativity
- Theology of the Body Stands at the Door, Knocks
- DPPL 103: The Christmas Novena
- The Synod Fathers Speak 5: Path and Miracle
- DPPL 102: Immaculate Conception
- 4,046,084 hits
Daily Archives: 4 August 2013
I feel certain it was an Iowa rarity in liturgical music, if not a first. I was part of a three-percussion-instrument accompaniment for the parish’s 10:30 small choir. Piano, marimba, and trap set. My friend Hillary asked the church to house … Continue reading
The Fourth Gospel provides ample material to support the illumination of faith by sight and sound. If you have any doubt, pay careful attention to the role of hearing and seeing in the various stories of that book, as well … Continue reading