about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- The Synod Fathers Speak 8: Charity
- DPPL 104: The Crib
- What Does It Mean To Be A Christian?
- The Synod Fathers Speak 7: The Domestic Church
- Music From Jordi Savall
- The Synod Fathers Speak 6: Generativity
- Theology of the Body Stands at the Door, Knocks
- DPPL 103: The Christmas Novena
- The Synod Fathers Speak 5: Path and Miracle
- DPPL 102: Immaculate Conception
- 4,045,965 hits
Daily Archives: 6 October 2013
One of the great graces of campus ministry is mentoring young student leaders. Recently, one of them was describing concern over a (perceived) character flaw that seemed to be an obstacle to effective ministry. I suggested adapting the Ignatian Examen. … Continue reading
Security for the Blessed Sacrament has always been a prime concern, given the basis of this penal perscription from 1938: [131.] Apart from the prescriptions of canon 934 § 1, it is forbidden to reserve the Blessed Sacrament in a … Continue reading