about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- DPPL 104: The Crib
- What Does It Mean To Be A Christian?
- The Synod Fathers Speak 7: The Domestic Church
- Music From Jordi Savall
- The Synod Fathers Speak 6: Generativity
- Theology of the Body Stands at the Door, Knocks
- DPPL 103: The Christmas Novena
- The Synod Fathers Speak 5: Path and Miracle
- DPPL 102: Immaculate Conception
- 4,045,809 hits
Daily Archives: 28 November 2013
Comet ISON won’t be spraying pre-dawn skies as was hoped. Passing within a million miles of the sun was too much; BBC reported the 6,000-ft wide body was “largely destroyed.”
The contrast between this document and 1947’s Mediator Dei (written expressly for bishops, certainly not the laity and not even for priests) is amazing. Pope Francis addresses believers beyond the bounds of Roman Catholicism: 3. I invite all Christians, everywhere, at … Continue reading
2. We were joyfully gathered together with the Successor of Peter, Head of the College of Bishops. His Holiness Benedict XVI has confirmed us in the primacy of faith in God, in his truth and love, for the good of … Continue reading
Which is your favorite thanksgiving song? Perhaps this “ghastly” arrangement of NUN DANKET? It’s a guilty pleasure to link it because the commentary is just so … And it goes to show you that not all young people have abandoned … Continue reading