about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- The Synod Fathers Speak 8: Charity
- DPPL 104: The Crib
- What Does It Mean To Be A Christian?
- The Synod Fathers Speak 7: The Domestic Church
- Music From Jordi Savall
- The Synod Fathers Speak 6: Generativity
- Theology of the Body Stands at the Door, Knocks
- DPPL 103: The Christmas Novena
- The Synod Fathers Speak 5: Path and Miracle
- DPPL 102: Immaculate Conception
- 4,045,965 hits
Daily Archives: 8 March 2014
So often Christ is depicted with brutal reality, the scarred and humiliated servant of God. (Isaiah 53:2-3) The East has something valuable to teach us westerners: A corresponding approach is found in Eastern spirituality where Christ is described as “the … Continue reading
My readers here may be surprised with this dip into military science fiction. John Scalzi’s Old Man’s War is neither a walk in the park nor a mindless kowtow to the gods of war. It’s a well-regarded book, especially by fans, nearly … Continue reading