about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- DPPL 105: The Spirit of Advent
- The Synod Fathers Speak 8: Charity
- DPPL 104: The Crib
- What Does It Mean To Be A Christian?
- The Synod Fathers Speak 7: The Domestic Church
- Music From Jordi Savall
- The Synod Fathers Speak 6: Generativity
- Theology of the Body Stands at the Door, Knocks
- DPPL 103: The Christmas Novena
- The Synod Fathers Speak 5: Path and Miracle
- 4,046,489 hits
Category Archives: sex abuse
The Catholic Press, at least its independent wing, continues to pressure bishops. Grant Gallicho continues the Commonweal hounding of American bishops of questionable administrative conduct. My sense if that Jeff Anderson is doing what any tenacious lawyer does to earn … Continue reading
The discussion on Pope Francis, negligent bishops, and what the former can or should do about the latter continues in the blogosphere (like here) and offline. The Holy Father has named a commission. I think we continue to wait and … Continue reading
1. The expansion of the early universe. 2. Newark priest banished to the lay state. The earlier event pumps some life into the cosmology branch of astronomy. Exoplanets were getting a lot of attention. But scientists win the Nobel Prize … Continue reading
I missed the airing time on tv the other night, so I watched the Frontline program “Secrets of the Vatican” online this morning. A lot of journalistic work went into this. Some big people come off looking very bad. As … Continue reading
My former bishop gets reported to Pope Francis. The canonical appeal is facilitated by Father James Connell, priest of the Milwaukee archdiocese and canon lawyer. Over 100,000 online signatures. (I wasn’t one of them.) Will anything come of this? Some … Continue reading
It seems like it’s that kind of week. On two headlines pulled from the Twitter feeds … In Milwaukee, we have … … one of the largest and most contentious of the dozen or so church bankruptcy cases to date. … Continue reading