about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- DPPL 262: A Shrine Defined
- Reconciliation Lectionary: Isaiah 53:4-6
- Schizophrenic Psalm
- DPPL 261: Shrines and Pilgrimages
- The Armchair Liturgist: Veil Or Not
- DPPL 260: Various Popular Devotions to the Dead
- The Armchair Liturgist: Cuing Passion Responses
- DPPL 259: Modern Aversion to Death
- Contrition and Delay
- 4,656,021 hits
Daily Archives: 9 March 2006
– I am like a slip of comet, Scarce worth discovery, in some corner seen Bridging the slender difference of two stars, Come out of space, or suddenly engender’d By heady elements, for no man knows; But when she sights … Continue reading
Elizabeth Lev, one of Zenit’s fine writers, includes some of her conversation with St Blog’s own Amy Welborn in this week’s column. Speaking of her latest book, Decoding Mary Magdalene: Fact, Fiction and Lies, Amy says, “Mary Magdalene shows the … Continue reading
Here’s a good one for you. We have two baptized Christians in RCIA who are fairly ill. They will certainly live till Easter–nothing life-threatening from what I hear. But the RCIA director and pastor made a call to receive them … Continue reading
I heard this anecdote from one of my diocesan sources. At St Joseph, our co-cathedral up north, Bishop Finn went to sign himself with holy water on the way in and touched not So this directive came through this afternoon: … Continue reading
Peter Nixon always had one of the better blogs on the planet. I got word today he’s blogging again as part of Commonweal’s leap into the blogosphere. So go check him out.
Who could have conceived of this? A Cassini press release gives the story, possibly the biggest of the Cassini mission thus far: “Our search for liquid water has taken a new turn. The type of evidence for liquid water on … Continue reading