about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve a parish in music ministry.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- Laudato Si 170: Costs Passed to the Poor
- Laudato Si 169: Delays On Climate Change
- On Long-Winded Prayers
- Laudato Si 168: Conventions
- Reconciliation Lectionary: Psalm 27: 1, 4, 7-10, 13-14
- Laudato Si 167: Rio in 1992
- Simple Gifts
- Laudato Si 166: Popular Movements
- Apple or Pumpkin?
- Songleader to Choir
- 5,791,251 hits
Daily Archives: 5 February 2007
2. Christian Education Since all Christians have become by rebirth of water and the Holy Spirit a new creature(Cf. Pius XI’s encyclical letter, Divini Illius Magistri, 1, p. 83.) so that they should be called and should be children of … Continue reading
Have you seen these analyses on people’s blogs lately? Here’s how they analyzed my name. Remember, 299 million-plus people in the census and this is what they said about my last name: There are 0 people in the U.S. with … Continue reading
The new archbishop of Washington isn’t going to put up barricades in the Communion line for politicians, but he did publish a pastoral letter of import.
The annual love-fest begins. And they complain about how narcissistic non-orthodox Catholicism is. One year, you could vote once a day; not even an appeal to personal honor to keep it honest. Last year, my friend Lee was nominated (go … Continue reading
Here’s a Cassini image of Saturn’s moon Dione taken Saturday from a range of about 650,000 miles. Those white wisps: how would you call them? Are they clouds? No. The sharp disc of the moon tells you that unlike Titan … Continue reading
It was hard to generate excitement for the game last night. My regular sacristan for 5PM Mass was out of town, so I volunteered to cover for him without a second thought. Brittany wanted to go sledding when I got … Continue reading