about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- Dives in Misericordiae 13b: Centered on Christ
- St Francis Xavier
- Laudato Si 46: Social Aspects of Global Change
- Worthy Is The Lamb
- Ah! Wilderness
- Dives in Misericordiae 13a: Profess and Proclaim Mercy
- Open Thread on Credibility
- Laudato Si 45: Where Do We Find Natural Beauty?
- Upper Plains Travelogue
Atheist Max on Saint Paul and Max: A Good Mix… Dick Martin on Let Our Passing Be … Fran Rossi Szpylczyn on Ah! Wilderness Jim McCrea on Montana Atheist Max on Dives in Misericordiae 13a: Pr… Liam on Montana Liam on Let Our Passing Be … Todd on Let Our Passing Be … Liam on Upper Plains Travelogue Atheist Max on Let Our Passing Be …
- 5,263,340 hits
Daily Archives: 7 February 2007
5. The Importance of Schools Among all educational instruments the school has a special importance.(Cf. Pius XI’s encyclical letter, Divini Illius Magistri, 1, p. 76; Pius XII’s allocution to Bavarian Association of Catholic Teachers, Dec. 31, 1956: Discourses and Radio … Continue reading
In two weeks, Bishop Finn will release his first pastoral letter. It will be the first from a Kansas City (Missouri) bishop in twenty-two years. Here is the text of his introductory letter released today to pastors and parish administrators: Pornography is … Continue reading
4. Various Aids to Christian Education In fulfilling its educational role, the Church, eager to employ all suitable aids, is concerned especially about those which are her very own. Foremost among these is catechetical instruction,(Cf. Pius XI’s motu proprio. Orbem … Continue reading