about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve a parish in music ministry.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- Laudato Si 170: Costs Passed to the Poor
- Laudato Si 169: Delays On Climate Change
- On Long-Winded Prayers
- Laudato Si 168: Conventions
- Reconciliation Lectionary: Psalm 27: 1, 4, 7-10, 13-14
- Laudato Si 167: Rio in 1992
- Simple Gifts
- Laudato Si 166: Popular Movements
- Apple or Pumpkin?
- Songleader to Choir
- 5,788,610 hits
Daily Archives: 7 February 2007
5. The Importance of Schools Among all educational instruments the school has a special importance.(Cf. Pius XI’s encyclical letter, Divini Illius Magistri, 1, p. 76; Pius XII’s allocution to Bavarian Association of Catholic Teachers, Dec. 31, 1956: Discourses and Radio … Continue reading
In two weeks, Bishop Finn will release his first pastoral letter. It will be the first from a Kansas City (Missouri) bishop in twenty-two years. Here is the text of his introductory letter released today to pastors and parish administrators: Pornography is … Continue reading
4. Various Aids to Christian Education In fulfilling its educational role, the Church, eager to employ all suitable aids, is concerned especially about those which are her very own. Foremost among these is catechetical instruction,(Cf. Pius XI’s motu proprio. Orbem … Continue reading