about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve a parish in music ministry.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- Laudato Si 81: The Consequences of Personhood
- In Paradisum
- More On Forgiving Abortion
- Laudato Si 80: A Creation Incomplete
- What Pope Francis Intends On Abortion Forgiveness
- On Counter-Witnessing
- When Do People Lose God?
- Laudato Si 79: Evolution, Positive and Otherwise
- Cinquant’anni Dopo 21-22: Rivalries and Critiques
John Donaghy on In Paradisum Jen on In Paradisum Liam on In Paradisum Liam on What Pope Francis Intends On A… FrMichael on What Pope Francis Intends On A… Dick Martin on Funeral Prayers NorDog on Boycott Todd on Boycott Todd on Boycott john on Boycott
- 5,422,846 hits
Daily Archives: 31 May 2007
I’ll leave you with some newly posted images from the Cassini site on our ringed neighbor. First, we have an infrared image that looks surprisingly like Jupiter: But it’s really Saturn. Honest. Then we have this, as Geordi LaForge might … Continue reading
I’d like to chart out what you can expect to see on our web site over the next several months regarding post-conciliar liturgy documents. In a few days, I’ll begin posting on the 1967 instruction Eucharisticum Mysterium, notable for advocating … Continue reading
Rich takes offense at attacks on the Catholic Church. It’s not a totally bad quality. I would welcome him on my side in a vigorous discussion. But I think his fixation on homosexuality is getting him into factual trouble. He posted … Continue reading
28. The competent territorial authority observing those matters contained in the Constitution on the Liturgy art. 36, § 3 and § 4 may authorize use of the vernacular in liturgies celebrated with a congregation for: the canon of the Mass; … Continue reading