about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve a parish in music ministry.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- The Warm-Up
- Laudato Si 164: International Dialogue
- Acclamation or Call/Response?
- Laudato Si 163: Chapter Five Begins
- The Coming Mercy
- Laudato Si 162: Decline in Ethics and Culture
- Reconciliation Lectionary: Psalm 146:5-10
- Laudato Si 161: Taking Doomsday Seriously
- Laudato Si 160: Questions
- Laudato Si 159: Justice Between The Generations
Liam on The Warm-Up Liam on The Warm-Up Liam on Acclamation or Call/Response? Jim McCrea on Acclamation or Call/Response? Mary on The Coming Mercy Atheist Max on Laudato Si 162: Decline in Eth… Reconciliation Lecti… on Reconciliation Lectionary: Mat… Reconciliation Lecti… on Reconciliation Lectionary: 1 J… Dick Martin on For All Atheist Max on For All
- 5,771,518 hits
Daily Archives: 31 May 2007
I’ll leave you with some newly posted images from the Cassini site on our ringed neighbor. First, we have an infrared image that looks surprisingly like Jupiter: But it’s really Saturn. Honest. Then we have this, as Geordi LaForge might … Continue reading
I’d like to chart out what you can expect to see on our web site over the next several months regarding post-conciliar liturgy documents. In a few days, I’ll begin posting on the 1967 instruction Eucharisticum Mysterium, notable for advocating … Continue reading
Rich takes offense at attacks on the Catholic Church. It’s not a totally bad quality. I would welcome him on my side in a vigorous discussion. But I think his fixation on homosexuality is getting him into factual trouble. He posted … Continue reading
28. The competent territorial authority observing those matters contained in the Constitution on the Liturgy art. 36, § 3 and § 4 may authorize use of the vernacular in liturgies celebrated with a congregation for: the canon of the Mass; … Continue reading