about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- DPPL 235: The Litany of the Saints
- No Suffocation
- Mutuae Relationes 44: A Local Bishop’s Authority
- DPPL 234: Celebration of the Eucharist
- On My Bookshelf: A Natural History of the Piano
- Mutuae Relationes 43: Too Tolerant?
- DPPL 233: Problems With A Saint’s Day
- Sex, Gender, and Such
- Mutuae Relationes 41-42: Innovations and Experiments
- Reconciliation Lectionary: Nehemiah 9:1-20, A Psalm of Memory
- 4,506,537 hits
Daily Archives: 20 June 2007
Almost two years ago, I first heard Garrett Fisher’s wonderful chamber opera, The Passion of Saint Thomas More, blogging about it here. If you live within driving distance of my parish, you can not only hear it, but see it … Continue reading
Any complaints out there about the use of a pseudo-labyrinth for the NPM logo? Notice you can’t get in or out of it. I’d think the reform2 crew would have something pithy to say about it.
We touch a good bit on architecture and art in the following sections. First we hear of the importance of taking care with the buildings we use: 24. “The church, the house of prayer, must be well cared for and … Continue reading