Unity is a value for the local church, therefore the Consilium believes it necessary to offer a few reminders for particular groups:
27. So that the unity of the parish community may stand out in the eucharist on Sundays and holydays, Masses for such particular groups as parish societies should, if possible, preferably be held on weekdays. If they cannot be transferred to weekdays, care should be taken to maintain the unity of the parish community by incorporating these particular groups into the parish celebrations.
about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve a parish in music ministry.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- Laudato Si 50: Birthrates
- Dives in Misericordiae 13fg: A State of Conversion
- Laudato Si 49: Cries of the Earth, of the Poor
- Mt Rainier
- Open Thread on Proof-Texting
- Dives in Misericordiae 13de: An Infinite Mercy
- Laudato Si 48: Global Inequality
- Dives in Misericordiae 13c: Word and Sacraments
- San Ignacio de Loyola, the Opera
- Laudato Si 47: The Internet
leefstrong on Mt Rainier Liam on The Lost Science Found Dick Martin on The Lost Science Found Jim McCrea on Open Thread on Proof-Text… Jim McCrea on Mt Rainier Todd on The Lost Science Found Dick Martin on The Lost Science Found Todd on Dives in Misericordiae 13fg: A… FrMichael on Laudato Si 49: Cries of the Ea… FrMichael on Dives in Misericordiae 13fg: A…
- 5,275,401 hits