Unity is a value for the local church, therefore the Consilium believes it necessary to offer a few reminders for particular groups:
27. So that the unity of the parish community may stand out in the eucharist on Sundays and holydays, Masses for such particular groups as parish societies should, if possible, preferably be held on weekdays. If they cannot be transferred to weekdays, care should be taken to maintain the unity of the parish community by incorporating these particular groups into the parish celebrations.
about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve a parish in music ministry.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- Laudato Si 114: Revolution
- Asteroid Romero
- Weekend Football
- Laudato Si 113: Where Is The Hope?
- Laudato Si 112: Technology Serving People
- Laudato Si 111: Crisis Mode
- Gunning For Vainglory
- Laudato Si 110: Missing the Big Picture
- Laudato Si 109: Economics and Politics Driven by Technology
- On My Bookshelf: Theology of Christian Marriage III
Brendan Kelleher svd on Weekend Football Devin on Asteroid Romero Devin on Asteroid Romero charlesincenca on Gunning For Vainglory Atheist Max on Gunning For Vainglory charlesincenca on Gunning For Vainglory Todd on On My Bookshelf: Theology of C… FrMichael on On My Bookshelf: Theology of C… FrMichael on On My Bookshelf: Theology of C… Alethea on Funeral Lectionary: Matthew…
- 5,572,746 hits