Unity is a value for the local church, therefore the Consilium believes it necessary to offer a few reminders for particular groups:
27. So that the unity of the parish community may stand out in the eucharist on Sundays and holydays, Masses for such particular groups as parish societies should, if possible, preferably be held on weekdays. If they cannot be transferred to weekdays, care should be taken to maintain the unity of the parish community by incorporating these particular groups into the parish celebrations.
about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- Humanae Vitae 11: Observing the Natural Law
- Misericordiae Vultus 9a: Luke 15
- DPPL 285: Pilgrimage in Decline and Revival
- Swans Swim in Sea of Green
- Misericordiae Vultus 8: The Relationships of Jesus
- DPPL 284: A Golden Age for Pilgrims
- Humanae Vitae 10: Responsible Parenthood
- Misericordiae Vultus 7: Psalm 136
- DPPL 283: Pilgrimages in Late Antiquity
- Humanae Vitae 9: Married Love
Chris Sullivan on Humanae Vitae 11: Observing th… Farashama on GDC 182-183: The importance of… FrMichael on Humanae Vitae 10: Responsible… FrMichael on Humanae Vitae 10: Responsible… Liam on Kansas City Sunset Todd on Kansas City Sunset Atheist Max on Kansas City Sunset Liam on DPPL 285: Pilgrimage in Declin… Todd on Kansas City Sunset Atheist Max on Kansas City Sunset
- 4,783,341 hits