Unity is a value for the local church, therefore the Consilium believes it necessary to offer a few reminders for particular groups:
27. So that the unity of the parish community may stand out in the eucharist on Sundays and holydays, Masses for such particular groups as parish societies should, if possible, preferably be held on weekdays. If they cannot be transferred to weekdays, care should be taken to maintain the unity of the parish community by incorporating these particular groups into the parish celebrations.
about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- Dives in Misericordiae 1c: Accompaniment
- From The Sky, Diamonds
- PS 40: Liturgy of the Hours During the Triduum
- Secret Meetings … So?
- Dives in Misericordiae 1b: The Revelation of Mercy
- PS 39: The Paschal Fast
- A Council, Full Greatness To Come
- Dives in Misericordiae 1a: Mercy Revealed
- PS 38: Easter Triduum
- Reality Check
Liam on Secret Meetings … S… Todd on Secret Meetings … S… FrMichael on PS 40: Liturgy of the Hours Du… charlesincenca on Secret Meetings … S… Liam on PS 40: Liturgy of the Hours Du… Liam on PS 39: The Paschal Fast Joyce Donahue on PS 39: The Paschal Fast Liam on PS 39: The Paschal Fast Atheist Max on Reality Check Chris on Reality Check
- 4,954,355 hits