about this site
Catholic Sensibility is a personal blog by a Catholic layperson with comments and occasional other writings by Catholics and non-Catholics. We make no particular claims to have the completeness of a Roman Catholic expression of Christianity. It contains opinion, interpretation, and personal musings. That’s it. Nothing official or authoritatively connected to the Magisterium.
- Introducing the Psalm. Or Not.
- Diocese of Rome Synod Address, Part 17, The Dialogue of Salvation
- Via Pulchritudinis: The Beauty of Christ, Pastoral Proposals, Part 2
- Reconciliatio et Paenitentia 10: God’s Initiative and the Church’s Ministry
- Creepy Confessions
- Diocese of Rome Synod Address, Part 16, One Great People
- Via Pulchritudinis: The Beauty of Christ, Pastoral Proposals, Part 1
- Reconciliatio et Paenitentia 9: The Reconciled Church, Part 3
- What Next?
- Scripture for the Sick or Dying: Psalm 109
Vatican II pages
- 10,758,453 hits
Daily Archives: 31 August 2008
My wife was watching PBS earlier tonight, Ken Burns’ profile of Thomas Jefferson. A good quote for many things today, though I didn’t catch the context in which the third president said it: A good cause is often injured more … Continue reading
The pre-homily portion of the ordination of a priest unfolds in a similar way to that of the deacon. First, the readings of the day may be used or readings from the ritual Mass for ordination: LITURGY OF THE WORD … Continue reading