The CNS Blog has some reports on next month’s synod on the Word in Rome. Cindy Wooden reports on location, location. Yesterday, some numbers and names were published. Anybody have old professors in the bunch? Numbers are nineteen women of thirty-seven synod observers. Also six women among forty-one experts:
– Sister Sara Butler, a professor of dogmatic theology at St. Joseph’s Seminary in Yonkers, NY.
– Sister Nuria Calduch Benages, a professor of the biblical theology of the Old Testament at Rome’s Pontifical Gregorian University.
– Bruna Costacurta, also a professor of Old Testament theology at the Gregorian.
– Marguerite Lena, a professor of philosophy in Paris and director of theological formation for young adults at Paris’ St. Francis Xavier Community.
– Immaculate Heart of Mary Sister Mary Jerome Obiorah, a professor of Sacred Scripture at the University of Nigeria and at the major seminary of the Archdiocese of Onitsha, Nigeria.
– Trappist Sister Germana Strola, a member of the monastery at Vitorchiano, Italy