about this site
Catholic Sensibility is a personal blog by a Catholic layperson with comments and occasional other writings by Catholics and non-Catholics. We make no particular claims to have the completeness of a Roman Catholic expression of Christianity. It contains opinion, interpretation, and personal musings. That’s it. Nothing official or authoritatively connected to the Magisterium.
- Via Pulchritudinis: The Beauty of Christ, Pastoral Proposals, Part 1
- Reconciliatio et Paenitentia 9: The Reconciled Church, Part 3
- What Next?
- Scripture for the Sick or Dying: Psalm 109
- On Women, Men, and People
- Of Luke The Evangelist
- Auxiliary Bishop To Crookston
- Diocese of Rome Synod Address, Part 15, Including “Problem People”
- Via Pulchritudinis: Beauty in the Liturgy, Part 4
- Reconciliatio et Paenitentia 9: The Reconciled Church, Part 2
Vatican II pages
- 10,756,638 hits
Daily Archives: 5 November 2008
One of my family members has friends in high places.
Zenit reports that Pope Pius XII experienced the “miracle of the sun.” From the pope’s diary: The sun, which was still quite high, looked like a pale, opaque sphere, entirely surrounded by a luminous circle without the slightest bother. There … Continue reading
The rites of pastoral care call for foresight on the part of the confessor: 75. If the sick wish to celebrate the sacrament of penance, it is preferable that the priest make himself available for this during a previous visit. … Continue reading