about this site
Catholic Sensibility is a personal blog by a Catholic layperson with comments and occasional other writings by Catholics and non-Catholics. We make no particular claims to have the completeness of a Roman Catholic expression of Christianity. It contains opinion, interpretation, and personal musings. That’s it. Nothing official or authoritatively connected to the Magisterium.
- Introducing the Psalm. Or Not.
- Diocese of Rome Synod Address, Part 17, The Dialogue of Salvation
- Via Pulchritudinis: The Beauty of Christ, Pastoral Proposals, Part 2
- Reconciliatio et Paenitentia 10: God’s Initiative and the Church’s Ministry
- Creepy Confessions
- Diocese of Rome Synod Address, Part 16, One Great People
- Via Pulchritudinis: The Beauty of Christ, Pastoral Proposals, Part 1
- Reconciliatio et Paenitentia 9: The Reconciled Church, Part 3
- What Next?
- Scripture for the Sick or Dying: Psalm 109
Vatican II pages
- 10,758,453 hits
Daily Archives: 12 November 2008
New Psalms are coming our way, both for the liturgy of the hours and the celebration of Mass. (One hopes the celebration of other rites as well–they always seem to overlook funerals, RCIA, baptisms, Eucharistic worship ouitside of Mass, etc..) … Continue reading
The USCCB, livened up by sending their input directly to Rome, waved farewell to Roman Missal part 2 with 189-30 approval. Now if they can get their clergy on board, they’ll be doing well. Not to mention a smoother passage … Continue reading
I was hasty in suggesting the case of Maryknoll priest preaching at a women’s ordination was closed, more or less. NCR and a few blogs report on his reply to the Vatican, asking him to formally recant or face excommunication. … Continue reading