about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- DPPL 236: Defining A Relic
- Mutuae Relationes 45: Cordial Respect
- DPPL 235: The Litany of the Saints
- No Suffocation
- Mutuae Relationes 44: A Local Bishop’s Authority
- DPPL 234: Celebration of the Eucharist
- On My Bookshelf: A Natural History of the Piano
- Mutuae Relationes 43: Too Tolerant?
- DPPL 233: Problems With A Saint’s Day
- Sex, Gender, and Such
- 4,509,619 hits
Daily Archives: 21 November 2008
A bit of clarification from biblical expert Father Michel Remaud on the use of the Tetragrammaton in liturgy. The original CDWDS document said: Avoiding pronouncing the tetragrammaton of the name of God on the part of the Church has therefore … Continue reading
A CNS news brief yesterday alerted me to a letter written by Maine’s Catholic bishop, Richard Malone. I didn’t find a copy of that letter on his diocesan website, but I did read his homily from this past weekend, launching … Continue reading