about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve a parish in music ministry.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- @ Synod15: Adoption and Foster Parenting
- Laudato Si 116: Understanding Anthropocentrism
- On My Bookshelf: Theology of Christian Marriage IV
- Guns in Fun
- Laudato Si 115: Modern Anthropocentrism
- Laudato Si 114: Revolution
- Asteroid Romero
- Weekend Football
- Laudato Si 113: Where Is The Hope?
- Laudato Si 112: Technology Serving People
Liam on Asteroid Romero Devin Rice on Asteroid Romero Therese on RCIA 54-55: Signing of the Can… Todd on Asteroid Romero Liam on Asteroid Romero Brendan Kelleher svd on Weekend Football Devin on Asteroid Romero Devin on Asteroid Romero charlesincenca on Gunning For Vainglory Atheist Max on Gunning For Vainglory
- 5,582,346 hits
Daily Archives: 21 December 2008
The heavens declare the glory of God; the sky proclaims its builder’s craft. The pope opens the International Year of Astronomy with one of my favorite psalms and praise for four centuries of telescopes and astronomical inquiry. Image credit for … Continue reading
I noticed a Zenit piece today on the ignorance of the press on religion. Rather damning is the WaPo’s ad for a religion reporter several years back: The “ideal candidate,” it said, is “not necessarily religious nor an expert in … Continue reading
The young miss had a beauty appointment with her Aunt Barb yesterday. I had enough time to get to Best Buy to pick up something for my brother, then get on I-35 for what I thought would be an uneventful … Continue reading
171. By conversation and brief services of readings and prayers, the minister may help the parents and family to see that their child is being called ahead of them to enter the kingdom and joy of the Lord. The period … Continue reading
O radiant Dawn, splendor of eternal light, sun of justice: Come shine on those who dwell in darkness and the shadow of death (The angel presents the sun rising)