about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve a parish in music ministry.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- What Pope Francis Intends On Abortion Forgiveness
- On Counter-Witnessing
- When Do People Lose God?
- Laudato Si 79: Evolution, Positive and Otherwise
- Cinquant’anni Dopo 21-22: Rivalries and Critiques
- Laudato Si 78: Disposing of Myths
- Open Thread on Favorable Interpretation
- The Arc From Canon Law To Astrophysics
- Cinquant’anni Dopo 19-20: Obedience and Unity
Todd on Boycott NorDog on Boycott Todd on Boycott NorDog on Boycott Todd on Boycott Steve Skojec (@Steve… on Boycott Jen on Boycott Todd on Open Thread on Monotheism Liam on On Counter-Witnessing charlesincenca on Open Thread on Monotheism
- 5,415,381 hits
Daily Archives: 21 December 2008
The heavens declare the glory of God; the sky proclaims its builder’s craft. The pope opens the International Year of Astronomy with one of my favorite psalms and praise for four centuries of telescopes and astronomical inquiry. Image credit for … Continue reading
I noticed a Zenit piece today on the ignorance of the press on religion. Rather damning is the WaPo’s ad for a religion reporter several years back: The “ideal candidate,” it said, is “not necessarily religious nor an expert in … Continue reading
The young miss had a beauty appointment with her Aunt Barb yesterday. I had enough time to get to Best Buy to pick up something for my brother, then get on I-35 for what I thought would be an uneventful … Continue reading
171. By conversation and brief services of readings and prayers, the minister may help the parents and family to see that their child is being called ahead of them to enter the kingdom and joy of the Lord. The period … Continue reading
O radiant Dawn, splendor of eternal light, sun of justice: Come shine on those who dwell in darkness and the shadow of death (The angel presents the sun rising)