about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- Reality Check
- Humanae Vitae 31: A Great Work
- Football, Plumbing, and Blogging
- PS 37: The Penitential Celebrations in Lent
- What About Sacramental Grace?
- Humanae Vitae 30: To Bishops
- PS 35-36: Chrism Mass
- Humanae Vitae 29: Christian Compassion
- Just A Thought on Guilt, Shame, and Public Relations
- PS 33-34: Passion and Homily
Atheist Max on Open Thread For Fundamentalist… Brendan Kelleher svd on Reality Check Melody on Football, Plumbing, and B… John McGrath on Reality Check Jen on Football, Plumbing, and B… Todd on What About Sacramental Gr… emmasrandomthoughts on What About Sacramental Gr… Liam on PS 37: The Penitential Celebra… Maria on Just A Thought on Guilt, Shame… JennyN on Humanae Vitae 28: To Prie…
- 4,939,925 hits
Daily Archives: 3 February 2009
276. Anyone, catechumen or not, who is in danger of death may be baptized with the short rite that follows, as long as such a person is not at the point of death and is able to hear and answer … Continue reading
My new parish doesn’t have to consider this possibility; we don’t have kids or adults, really, serving consistently as servers or acolytes. But the question came to Zenit’s liturgy guru as such: I know of a priest who has the … Continue reading
When I posted the photo with the piece on women religious I knew I had found the garb I’ve been used to seeing women religious wear since at least the mid-80’s. Cotton. Sensible cotton: a denim jumper and a skirt … Continue reading