about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- DPPL 235: The Litany of the Saints
- No Suffocation
- Mutuae Relationes 44: A Local Bishop’s Authority
- DPPL 234: Celebration of the Eucharist
- On My Bookshelf: A Natural History of the Piano
- Mutuae Relationes 43: Too Tolerant?
- DPPL 233: Problems With A Saint’s Day
- Sex, Gender, and Such
- Mutuae Relationes 41-42: Innovations and Experiments
- Reconciliation Lectionary: Nehemiah 9:1-20, A Psalm of Memory
- 4,506,537 hits
Daily Archives: 17 February 2009
Just a heads-up: the General Introduction to Christian Initiation (GICI) deals nearly exclusively with Baptism. But in this section it does mention the other two initiation sacraments. Let’s read: 2. Baptism incorporates us into Christ and forms us into God’s … Continue reading
Not to make more of the matter than it probably is, but guess who was on the receiving end of a Church disinvite?
Here’s a good question for how much cultural observances should manifest in the Church’s liturgy. It’s almost an Armchair Liturgist sort of question, but since I’m going to pontificate a bit myself, I’ll take it off that category and open … Continue reading