about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- A Catechetical Shift
- British Football
- PS 41: Preparing Triduum Ministries
- Dives in Misericordiae 1c: Accompaniment
- From The Sky, Diamonds
- PS 40: Liturgy of the Hours During the Triduum
- Secret Meetings … So?
- Dives in Misericordiae 1b: The Revelation of Mercy
- PS 39: The Paschal Fast
- A Council, Full Greatness To Come
Atheist Max on Reality Check Todd on Reality Check Atheist Max on Reality Check Jim McCrea on Reality Check Jim McCrea on From The Sky, Diamonds Devin on Secret Meetings … S… Liam on Secret Meetings … S… Todd on Secret Meetings … S… FrMichael on PS 40: Liturgy of the Hours Du… charlesincenca on Secret Meetings … S…
- 4,958,190 hits
Daily Archives: 7 April 2009
A few readers sent me this link as a follow-up to our discussion on obedience: Andrew Greeley’s “Authority as Charm.” Fr Greeley makes a convincing case that authority, as the Church has known it, is dead. Sure, priests, bishops, and … Continue reading
I see in my former diocese an effort from the bishop and a planning study that intends to strengthen Catholic school identity. It looks like a good start, but I see some glaring omissions. Bishop Finn asks teachers to intensify their … Continue reading
31. The rites should be celebrated in the places appropriate to then as indicated in the ritual. Consideration should be given to special needs that arise insecondary stations of mission territories. The Third World was very much in the minds … Continue reading