about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- No Suffocation
- Mutuae Relationes 44: A Local Bishop’s Authority
- DPPL 234: Celebration of the Eucharist
- On My Bookshelf: A Natural History of the Piano
- Mutuae Relationes 43: Too Tolerant?
- DPPL 233: Problems With A Saint’s Day
- Sex, Gender, and Such
- Mutuae Relationes 41-42: Innovations and Experiments
- Reconciliation Lectionary: Nehemiah 9:1-20, A Psalm of Memory
- Lenten Reflections: Arevakal
- 4,505,482 hits
Daily Archives: 7 April 2009
A few readers sent me this link as a follow-up to our discussion on obedience: Andrew Greeley’s “Authority as Charm.” Fr Greeley makes a convincing case that authority, as the Church has known it, is dead. Sure, priests, bishops, and … Continue reading
I see in my former diocese an effort from the bishop and a planning study that intends to strengthen Catholic school identity. It looks like a good start, but I see some glaring omissions. Bishop Finn asks teachers to intensify their … Continue reading
31. The rites should be celebrated in the places appropriate to then as indicated in the ritual. Consideration should be given to special needs that arise insecondary stations of mission territories. The Third World was very much in the minds … Continue reading