about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- DPPL 235: The Litany of the Saints
- No Suffocation
- Mutuae Relationes 44: A Local Bishop’s Authority
- DPPL 234: Celebration of the Eucharist
- On My Bookshelf: A Natural History of the Piano
- Mutuae Relationes 43: Too Tolerant?
- DPPL 233: Problems With A Saint’s Day
- Sex, Gender, and Such
- Mutuae Relationes 41-42: Innovations and Experiments
- Reconciliation Lectionary: Nehemiah 9:1-20, A Psalm of Memory
- 4,506,537 hits
Daily Archives: 8 May 2009
On a public university campus, to be specific. Jack Smith at the Catholic Key blog notes a good feature from the Kansas side of the state line (a different diocese) on St Lawrence, the Catholic Community at the University of … Continue reading
Here’s another small rubric that tells and implies a lot about this liturgy. Under the heading “Greeting,” we have only instruction, no actual words to say. 49. The celebrant greets the candidates in a friendly manner. He speaks to them, … Continue reading