Fr Austin, aka the Concord Pastor, has bestowed the Lemonade Stand Award, and in turn, I contribute to the chain reaction by nominating five others, mostly new bloggers or bloggers new to me:
– My college chum Joe’s work on “The Two-Headed Quarter.” All through my college days and long after, Joe has been a fine and loyal friend. He’s also a darn fine chessplayer whom I never had the good fortune to best in a tournament game.
– Where frequent commenter Fran group-blogs: The Parish Blog of St Edward the Confessor.
– A new blogger, Jerry, who has fearlessly entered the contentious sphere of internet musical Catholicism … or is it orthodoxy? Check out Gotta Sing, Gotta Pray.
– My staff colleague, Fr Dennis. I can read the text versions of what I hear at the weekend (and occasional wedding) homily.
– Another loyal friend, Lee, who helped me through some very challenging times in my life, offering only unconditional friendship, music, and a listening ear.
According to my calculations, if everybody holds up their end of the propagation within twenty-four hours, and we can minimize repeat awards, we should better the ND petition by the time the President takes the podium next Sunday. In another week, we should have the whole world covered, blogger or not.
Seriously, have a visit to these fine blogs and offer an attitude of gratitude.