When Republicans utter this term as an epithet against Judge Sotomayor, maybe they really mean “activism against our own preferences.” Consider the percentage of votes to strike down congressional legislation by 1991-2005 SCOTUS justices: Justice Thomas 65, Justice Kennedy 64, Justice Scalia 56, Justice Rehnquist 47, Justice O’Connor 47, Justice Souter 42, Justice Stevens 39, Justice Ginsburg 39, Justice Breyer 28.
- Aparecida 324-325: Demands of Community Life, Inculturation
- Mile-High … Marriage?
- Aparecida 323: Seminary Curriculum
- Aparecida 322: Healthy Freedom
- Pope Francis’ Accusation
- Aparecida 321: Formation Toward Maturity
- William Lombardy
- Aparecida 320: Taking Mary Into One’s Home
- Aparecida 319: Comprehensive Formation
- Aparecida 318: Countering Negative Influences
Vatican II pages
- 8,540,880 hits